Dental Emergencies | Grand Rapids, MI
Call our Grand Rapids emergency dentist at (616) 245-3205. If our office is closed and you can’t get in contact with our dentist, go to the nearest emergency room. The sooner you act, the better the outcome.
Schedule an emergency dental appointment for the following:
- Knocked-out tooth
- Fractured tooth
- Dental abscess
- Lost dental filling
- Lost dental crown
- Severe toothache
- Bitten lip or tongue
What to Do for a Knocked-Out Tooth
- Pick up the tooth by the crown, not the root.
- Gently rinse dirt and debris from the tooth. Do NOT use soap, scrub the tooth, nor dry the tooth with a towel or napkin.
- If possible, place the tooth back in its socket to keep it moist. If not possible, submerge the tooth in milk until you receive emergency care. You may also tuck the tooth inside your cheek. Don’t let the tooth dry out or it may fracture.
- Schedule an emergency appointment with our dentist. If this is not possible, go to the nearest emergency room.
What to Do for a Fractured Tooth
- Save all pieces of the broken tooth.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Apply cold compress to reduce pain and swelling.
- Schedule an emergency appointment with Dr. Dodds. If this isn’t possible, go to the nearest emergency room.
Most cases ofare due to falling or playing a contact sport. But quick thinking can make the difference between saving and losing a tooth.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
The best way to keep your teeth healthy is through prevention. Make sure you schedule dental exams and teeth cleanings every six months. That way, our dentist can detect small issues before they have a chance to worsen. If you play contact sports like football or hockey, wear a mouth guard to protect your smile.
Request an Appointment with Dr. Dodds
Alexandra Dodds DDS is a dedicated emergency dentist in Grand Rapids, MI, whose quick thinking minimizes tooth damage. For , call Renew Family Dental at (616) 245-3205. If our office is closed, go to the emergency room.